I just got back from a short trip to Belgium. A 3 day visit to Bruges and Antwerp with M. and…his camera. I’m not jealous or anything, the only thing is that sometimes waiting for the artistic duo to get the perfect image can be a little boring.
So here’s a few tips to survive a day trip/weekend/holiday with your partner/friend/fellow traveller and his/her camera.
1. Take pictures of the photographer. You can get some funny shots, but after a while you might want to do a different kind of shooting. 🙂
2. Photobomb! Jump in front of the camera and with your striking pose and shining smile
spoil improve the picture the photographer is taking. He/she will thank you. Or not.
3. Observe the surroundings. You don’t have to run from one place to another. While the photographer is being artistic, take your time to look around.
4. Study your travel guide. Check the map and decide where you want to go next.
5. Start going there. OK, you’re bored and you want to go and see something else. Start slowly walking away. The photographer will follow you. Sooner or later.
Do you have any other tip? Tell me. I will add it to the list, and I will put it into practice during my next trip!